Medications Used to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Many people worldwide suffer from gastrointestinal problems, the most common one being the Irritable Bowel Movement. You may experience significant discomfort caused by pain in your belly and diarrhea. You could use different medications to suppress your pain, which your Cypress irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) expert at GastroDoxs PLLC will prescribe for you.
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is an intestinal disorder that causes pain in your stomach. Four different types of Irritable Bowel Syndrome Include:
- Mixed Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS-M). Here you experience both constipation and diarrhea.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D).
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation (IBS-C)
- Unsubtyped IBS (IBS-U)
Sources of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
There are different causes for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, such as:
- Gastroenteritis. IBS can be caused by a lot of bacteria in your intestine, resulting in severe diarrhea.
- Abnormalities in your nervous system. You may experience discomfort because of misinterpreted signals in your brain from the small intestines.
- Strong muscle contractions. Your intestinal walls are lined with muscles that may weaken and cause food to pass slowly, resulting in dry stool.
- Stress. You are likely to develop IBS if you had stressful events in your childhood.
- Changes in gut microbes. Irritable Bowel Syndrome causes a change of viruses and bacteria found in your intestines.
You will experience several signs and symptoms if you have Irritable Bowel syndrome. For example:
- Abdominal pain
- Bloating in your stomach
Before visiting your doctor, you may want to consider some lifestyle changes and home remedies to alleviate pain and discomfort. They include:
- Using probiotics to reduce bloating of your stomach
- Reducing intake of caffeine
- Eating small portions of food
However, you need to visit your doctor if you are experiencing the following signs and symptoms because they may indicate a severe condition like colon cancer. For example:
- Bleeding in your rectum
- Diarrhea at night
- Severe pain
The treatment process for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Your health specialist at GastroDoxs PLLC will conduct a diagnosis to eliminate conditions that include:
- Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation of your bowel
- Food allergies like lactose intolerance
- Insufficient enzymes in your pancreas
There are specific tests that your doctor will conduct to establish that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The tests include:
- A blood test to check your hemoglobin level
- Colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy to examine your intestines
- Stool test
There are specific drugs that your physician will prescribe for you to relieve the symptoms. For example:
- Your doctor may recommend that you take antibiotics for two weeks.
- Bulking agents such as that will maintain the amount of water in your stool and increase your bowel movements to prevent constipation.
- Laxatives such as polyethylene glycol that keep your stool moist and prevents constipation.
- Linaclotide increases your bowel movements. You may experience diarrhea after taking the capsule.
- Tenapanor to alleviate pain from your belly and increase bowel movements.
- Probiotics, also known as good bacteria, will help to keep your digestive system healthy.
Conditions like diarrhea can interfere with your productivity. You can put an end to this if you consult with your physician at GastroDoxs PLLC. Book for a session with your doctor to get treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Comments are closed.