Nobody is a fan of pain. Apart from it making you uncomfortable, it also makes it hard for you to carry on with your daily activities. Lawrenceburg joint pain can be severe enough to keep you bedridden, away from all your favorite activities, or less in intensity with manageable use of painkillers. Are you experiencing any form of painful joints as a result of injury, arthritis, or any other condition?
Joint Pain Causes
Arthritis is one of the most common joint pain causes. Other causes include chronic joint disorder, an inflammatory disorder, and gout. If your joints are stiff, have inflamed connective tissues, or begin to break down, you experience joint pain. Furthermore, age and improper use of your joints may result in joint pain, as well as other conditions such as bone or joint infections, bursitis, fibromyalgia, tendonitis, and sprains.
Joint Pain Diagnosis
A comprehensive exam is first conducted in order to determine the causes of your symptoms. Your medical history, as well as symptoms, lifestyle, and other factors to be considered, are discussed. For the identification of arthritis-related joint damage, a joint x-ray may be used. Furthermore, in case the joint pain is from another cause, a blood test can be used for autoimmune disorder screening, and in cases where a complete blood count or your inflammation levels need to be measured, a sedimentation rate test is conducted.
Joint Pain Symptoms
Some of the signs and symptoms associated with joint pain include:
- Swelling of your joints.
- Joint redness.
- Joint tenderness.
- Joint warmth.
- Joint stiffness.
- Weakness in your joints.
- Loss of motion range in your joints.
- Locking of your joints.
Joint Pain Treatment
Depending on the cause of your joint pain, a treatment plan is designed. A number of suggestions might be made, including:
- Nerve blocks.
- Massage therapy.
- Therapeutic exercise.
- Joint injections.
- Innovative treatment.
- Chiropractic adjustment.
Joint Pain Medication Examples
To deal with your joint pain, a number of medications can be used depending on the cause of your joint pain. Some of the examples of these joint pain medications include:
- Ibuprofen- A drug used in the treatment of mild to moderate inflammation, pain, and fever that results from diverse diseases.
- Ketorolac- A drug used in the management of acute pain that is moderately severe for a short–term period.
- Aspirin- An effective inflammatory, pain, and fever treatment drug.
- Acetaminophen- A pain reliever, and fever reducer drug.
- Naprelan- Used in fever, inflammation, and mild to moderate pain management.
- Diclofenac- A drug used in mild to moderate pain management.
- Naproxen- A drug that reduces levels of prostaglandins, responsible for fever and pain. They are used in the management of mild to moderate joint pain.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- Prostaglandins, a chemical family promoting inflammation for healing purposes by supporting platelets to clot your blood, is a component of these drugs.
Talk to a Joint Pain Specialist Today
Managing joint pain can seem simple, yet it is very vital for your performance, productivity, and general well-being. Joint pain management enables you to focus on important life occurrences without the fear of missing out. Manage your joint pain by contacting the Elite physical medicine team.