Best Neurology Services in Alexandria
Like a modern skyscraper, the human spine also defies gravity and defines us as vertical bipeds. It helps coordinate body activities by transferring biomechanical forces. The spine functions like a conduit that holds a neural structure and acts as a crane when walking or lifting substances. With age, the spine experiences wear and tear, which causes repeated pain throughout the body. It is essential to seek treatment from an experienced neurologist. Worry no more, for Alexandria neurology aims at ensuring your pain and neurological disorders are treated correctly and that you are back to your daily activities.
At Integrated Neurology services, the team of specialists offers various services to ensure your overall health is well observed. Through their experience and skills, they diagnose and treat your conditions and help manage your pain using modern technology and equipment. Relieve your pain and enjoy the comfort of your life by seeking treatment at their facility. Call their offices today or book a consultation through their online platform. The following is an overview of the services they offer at the facility.
Movement disorders are a neurological disorder that occurs when the brain fails to communicate effectively with the spine to enhance mobility of muscles. Effective communication creates balance, body posture, and body parts coordination. Certain disorders affect mobility, such as;
What is Parkinson’s disease? It is a genetic disorder that affects regular movement leading to brain deterioration and eventually using a wheelchair to aid in movement.
Signs and symptoms
- Body muscles become stiff, which limits motion due to pain.
- Easy tasks may appear complex because of slowed-down movements.
- Change in the way one speaks may occur, which in most cases becomes slow and soft.
- There is a change in automatic movements such as smiling or blinking.
- Tremor may occur in one of the hands or fingers when you are resting.
Causes of Parkinson disease
- Genetic mutations from specific cells.
- Being exposed to certain environmental factors or toxins may also lead to Parkinson’s disorder.
- Death of cells that produce dopamine chemicals for message transmission from the brain.
Though there is no proven medication for Parkinson disorder, some prevention methods are available, and they include;
- Regular exercising such as aerobics.
- Increase intake of caffeine and green tea, which acts as a reducing agent.
- Add daily vitamins, including D3 and Omega-3.
Definition of Pain
Pain is an unpleasant body reaction due to an actual or perceived body injury. Pain can make you feel uncomfortable to the extent of seeking medical treatment. Different people have different mechanisms of pain reception based on their bodies and other factors such as mental perception.
What are the different types of pain?
The following are types of pain that you may experience;
- Soft tissue pain
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
- Breakthrough pain
- Nerve pain
- Bone pain
Do not allow pain or movement disorders to limit you from performing your daily activities or living your life to the fullest. Consider visiting Integrated Neurology services and meet specialists who will transform your pain into a smile. Call their office today or book online to schedule an appointment to enjoy their extensive services.